Regina Topelson, MBA, RDN, CLT
Regina is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who uses a functional medicine approach to address your health concerns. Functional medicine is a system of looking at each person individually through a truly personalized approach to health, discovering the root causes of a person’s ailments, instead of focusing on their symptoms. When the root causes are eliminated, the symptoms are eliminated as well.
Regina enjoys working with people with health issues related to digestive problems (Celiac Disease, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, IBS, SIBO, food allergies/sensitivities), chronic illnesses (diabetes, heart disease, chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia), and cancer prevention and treatment.
Regina believes food IS medicine. She will work with you to naturally help you heal using diet, supplements, and lifestyle changes.
Regina is an expert in healing chronic illness with diet and lifestyle! She uses a whole food, plant based approach to tackling difficult health problems like digestive disorders, autoimmune disease, and cancer.
Regina worked in the clinical setting for three years providing nutrition support for patients in the ICU, as well as those with cardiac problems, diabetes, and orthopedics (recovery after surgery).
Regina has worked people with food allergies since 2001 and completed a 1200-hour internship program with the University of Northern Colorado in 2011. She became interested in holistic and integrative care in 2014, has completed training in functional medical nutrition therapy and continues to do on-going training with the Institute for Functional Medicine.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition (Graduated Summa Cum Laude) – Metropolitan State College 2010
- Dietetic Internship (1200 hours) – University of Northern Colorado 2011
- Certified LEAP Therapist – Oxford Biomedical 2012
- Digestive Enzyme Therapy – Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition 2015
- IAACN conference on Cancer and Nutrition Therapy 2015
- Institute for Functional Medicine (Detox, Energy, and GI) – 2014-2017
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – University of Colorado 1997
- Master of Business Administration – University of Denver 2001
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, 2012 – present
Regina provides consulting for:
- Digestive disorders: Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Chronic Constipation, Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis), Food Allergies/ Sensitivities/ Intolerances, Elimination & Rotation Diets
- Chronic Illnesses: Autoimmune Disease, Chronic Fatigue/ Fibromyalgia, Heart Disease (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, High Blood Pressure), Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
- Cancer Prevention and Treatment